Welcome

Armed With Nothing But A Compact Camera, A Huge Appetite And A Bottomless Yearning For Palate Indulgence, Welcome Aboard My Gastronomical Journey In Search Of Culinary Wonders. Be It Hot Or Cold, Fine Or Casual Dining, Tasty Or Nasty, Avant-Garde Or Just Plain Conventional, I'm Not Afraid To Give It A Try As Long As It's Edible.

Disclaimer: This Is A Food Log, Not A Food Blog. It's A Brief Record Of Journalising My Food-Tasting Experiences Compiled With Photo Attachments Of Crappy Resolutions.

I'm Still Exploring, One Scrumptious Morsel At A Time.

Din Tai Fung

As a Chinese University Student myself,One of the Most Important Food in my Diet is of course....(Drum roll...)..No Offence there...Pork.Well,This is the Only Meat source that Local Learning Institute is Generally..or...Legally Deprived Of. So For not having Pork meat as often as I did in My Hometown, I'm willing to pay More just to taste that aromatic treat of Porky Dish ..haha..XD

Yeah,Enough with the Introductory Crap. The Piggy talk has brought me to this Famous Award-Winning restaurant of Taiwanese Origin known as Din Tai Fung. After ordering a few Dishes (Mainly Pork..just to quench my Fleshy Thirst..), I can't Help but to Notice how Packed the Restaurant is at Lunch Hours. Based on the Menu skimmed,the Prices were considered to be Reasonable.With Comfortable ( Yet Noisy..) Ambience,Dedicative Waiters/Waitresses and Satisfying Proportion of the Dishes,That's what You Get for a Great Meal..XD.
The Mini Appetizer Platter comprising of House Special Appetizer,Stewed Beancurd with Honey Sauce and Japanese Cucumber. A Lil' something to Kick Start My Palate..XD.
The Signature 'Xiao Long Bao' (Steamed Dumplings). Each loaded with Fresh Pork Meat with A Soup-based Bottom...Expert usage of chopsticks is needed as to prevent the wastage of the hot aromatic soup dripping out from the accidentally poked dumpling thin layer.Definitely some Good Stuff..XD.
Cha Jiang La Mian.Well, I found no surprise from this Ordinary (Really...) dish...No difference with the other La Mian I've tasted...

Pork Chop Fried Rice.Now this is What I'm Talking about!!!...Huge portion of Fried Rice..and Extremely Crispy slices of Pork Chop.Aww,Heavenly Tasting..especially for Pork Cravers...like...Me.

Shrimp Pork Fried Rice.A Decent option if you would like to have a Seafood twist in your Fried Rice.
Then, we had the Hot & Sour Soup La Mian.I gotta admit, the Soup was really Nice...It has lived up to its name..as in 'Hot & Sour'....XD.

Lastly, we ordered the Steamed Chinese-Style Layered Cakes.Sweet and easy-on-mouth,The Soft texture of the cake enjoyed together with a choice of double-dipping (Melted butter and kaya..) marks a Perfect Closing yet on my another Wonderful Gastronomical Experience..XD

THIS IS A LOG,NOT A BLOG.
THE BON VIVEUR..SIGNING OFF..XD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHO IS THE BON VIVEUR?

My photo
Who Am I??..The First Thing You Must Know About Me Is That I'm One Of Those Random Dudes Who Believes In The Quote 'The Way To A Man's Heart Is Through His Stomach'.I Know It's Lame...But It's One Helluva Quote. Do Discover & Get To Know More Of Me In My Blogs. Thanks For Visiting too, Appreciate That..=)

HI THERE,YOU ARE RESTAURANT GUEST NO.